2023-4: CANCELLED - Script as Muse: Unleashing Your Character
Dates/time: Wednesdays, 14 June - 19 July 2023, from 6:30pm to 9pm
Director: Jonathan Briden
DOP: Rush Jopson
Venue: Edgar Room, Risingholme Community Centre, 22 Cholmondeley Avenue, Opawa - more info
Enrolment: class cancelled
We've chosen to cancel this class to focus on a new project. For those who've been regular supporters of SAGŌ, keep an eye on your inbox!
About this block
There's a wealth of inspiration to be found in scripts. By knowing where to look you'll make awesome discoveries about your character and what they are experiencing moment to moment. It is this in-depth understanding that is what makes great actors so amazing to watch. Whether you're a seasoned actor looking to refine your craft or an aspiring performer eager to learn the fundamentals, this class is for you.
- Decode the intricate layers of your script, unearthing subtext and hidden motivations.
- Learn techniques to infuse your characters with authenticity and emotional depth.
- Develop a keen eye for script analysis, extracting valuable insights that inform your performance choices.
- Cultivate a strong actor's intuition, allowing your script to become a limitless well of inspiration.
- Engage in practical exercises and scene work to bring your newfound knowledge to life.
- Receive personalized feedback and guidance.
We capture footage during the course, to help you see how you come across on camera and make adjustments, and also so you can see the improvements you've made by the end of the course.